Saturday, June 06, 2009

Yogurt

Yogurt
Saturday June 6



Making yogurt took one day.

I used whole raw milk for this recipe.

8 cups of whole raw milk

1/2 cup yogurt culture

(store bought)

Place in crock pot for 2 1/2 hours on low.

After, the two and half hours turn off and leave

in the crock pot for 3 hours. Then, add your yogurt

culture and blend. Place towel around crockpot to

hold the heat in, and leave overnight.

The next morning put in container and refrigerate.

You have yogurt.

Now, you can't tell me you don't have time for that.

The kids and I had strawberries and yogurt for a treat.

Although, they added powder sugar to sweeten it up.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Faith said...

I struggled for so long making yogurt. I followed all the instructions I found online, I bought a special Yogotherm. Nothing worked.

Then my son's GF from India said, "Oh, I used to make it with my grandmother all the time. I'll show you how."

She put some milk in a pot, heated it, poured it back and forth between a couple of of pots, stirred in the yogurt starter, and put it in the oven. No temperature taking or anything. The next morning we had lovely yogurt. LOL

I've not been able to do it since. LOL Granted, it was a long time after. I should have practiced right after she left, but I didn't get around to it.

I'll try yours, but I'm sure it won't be nearly so good, because I no longer have raw milk. So sad!

~Faith