Saturday, June 27, 2009

Sweet Peas




Saturday June 27

Sweet Peas








This was my first picking of my peas this year. What a

great harvest. Getting out in the garden very early in the

season has payed off. How early you ask, the end of

Februrary I was getting my site ready. I thought

I would be ready to put the peas in right at the

beginning of March. Wrong, here comes snow.







The peas went in after the snow,
According to my picture dates that would mean in the
first week of March.
If there were no stores to buy food from how hard
you would work to get the first crop in.
Maybe, next time I will just put them before the
snow melts. That would start the germination nice
and early.
We are having a great harvest due to good planning.





2 comments:

Mrs. Teapot said...

I see you have a lot of woods in your backyard. Do you have any ticks in your area? If so, how do you deal with it? We've just moved to a woody, wildernessy area, and being a city girl I'm having some trouble adjusting to all the bugs. Any encouragement would be greatly appreciated.

Your peas look lovely. The Lord has blessed your crop. Enjoy.

Blessings,
Mrs. Teapot

Patricia Bunk said...

How do we deal with ticks, we have chickens. We pull them around it what they call a chicken tractor. Although, it does not solve the problem. You do have to be very careful. I also would tell you to mix rose geranium essential oil and olive oil(cosmetic grade)and put it on your skin like a lotion. This will keep the biting insects away from you. It will also do wonders for your skin.