Thursday, December 11, 2008

Pionneer Women







Last year when my mother came to visit for the holidays she brought this book.


I had such a joy reading this book with my daughter, mother and my Aunt.
We always get together in the kitchen taking turns reading outloud to each other.
I am always interested in learning how women survived.
If you have not been inspired lately and are feeling overwhelmed.
Read this womens story and you will be changed forever.

Did you have a mother who trained you in homemaking skills?
Try to imagine you are living in the 1800's and you get married
and know nothing. Luckily, she married a man that lived with
his mother. This woman became her mother, what wonderful
experience the Lord gave her. She went on to learn not only
the joys of homemaking but learning the art of quilting.
She made over 125 quilts in her life time. Imagine how
she must of had to get her work done early enough to also
be able to find time to quilt.
Let me ask you why are we not making our own quilts?








3 comments:

lynn said...

Hi, I don't know if you have these two books, but if you enjoy learning how pioneer women survived, you will enjoy reading The Tall Woman by Wilma Dykeman and Hannah Fowler by Janice Holt Giles. They have had a great impact on my life.

Patricia Bunk said...

Thanks lynn, for the names of the books.

MagnoliaWhisper said...

Sadly people rarely make their own quilts now, because they would prefer to pay slave wags to some one in china, to make it in a factory. And then to spend their time clubbing, at soccer games, or such.

I know people like us, are few and far between now. So much more joy in making a quilt, or stitching of any kind, then in drinking at a club, I would think!