Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Sewing For my daughter





Sewing for me is something that allows you to express your creative side of your mind. I made this dress two years ago for Easter. This is my daughter Rachel she is growing into a young woman.



This was one of the first successful spring dresses I made for my daughter.


My prayer is by posting the outfits I make will inspire one more woman to come back to sewing for her family's needs. If I did not have a machine to sew on I believe I would probably handsew the clothes I make.


This dress was made late this summer. I really like this style as it fit her very well. With all her dresses I like to add length to them. Over the spring vacation I made this same pattern in a blouse. I did handsew the blouse as we took Rachel to Historical Williamsburg. I had a large amount of sitting time and since I did not bring my machine with me hand sewing came in handy. It only made me understand how hard it was for women to do all the sewing for their families.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How cute! Very nice. :)

Thanks for your comment on the modesty checklist.

Lillibeth said...

Those are sweet dresses! I like the one with the flutter sleeves especially:)

Me said...

Love that top pattern! Can you share the pattern number?