Monday, July 21, 2008

The Simple Woman's Daybook

The Simple Woman's Daybook


Monday July 21, 2008



Outside my window...All the geraniums are blooming in different shades of pink.
There are scented geraniums like Rose Geranium so when you walk by you get a
fragrance of rose. Gardners Joy is one of my favorite scented geraniums. It has
nice leaves and has a two toned bloom.


I am thinking...What a blessing it is that God gives us beautiful flowers to admire.

I am thankful...that I have a wonderful husband. He will be returning from Atlanta on
Tuesday.

From the kitchen... there are plum tomatoes on the counter that I brought in from the garden. It is wonderful to see that red color in the kitchen once again. I told my family no tomatoes
out of season in this house. We can our tomatoes for the winter months ahead.

I am creating... a tea from my lavender plants today to use in my soap recipes. The extracts
from the plant add properties to the soap. Which in turn will nourish your skin.

I am going...spend time indoors today planning my my menu for the week.

I am wearing... my jean skirt and my black sweater.

I am reading...studying Psalms for my Bible study as we are learning about David's character.

I am hoping...to have a restful day.

I am hearing...the kids chatter in the background.

Around the house...the summer colors are all around us. The pink roses I brought in from the
garden in the front foyer. The bouquet of Russian sage purple flowers are in the family room.

One of my favorite things...is creating something from nothing.

A few plans for the rest of the week... getting ready for my daughters pool party on Thursday.


Here is a picture thought...Flowers on the deck right outside my window, what a joy.








No comments: