Monday, July 28, 2008



The Simple Woman's Daybook

Monday July 28, 2008


Outside my window..the leaves on the trees are so still this afternoon.


I am thinking... how nice it is we have trees to shade us from the hot sun.


I am thankful...for the rest I had this morning, just sitting on the deck reading.




From the kitchen...my daughter is making zucchini fritters as the
garden is producing plenty of good vegetables.


I am creating...a nice flower arrangement with the cosmos from the garden.




I am going... to have a busy week. My Welcome Home meeting is
this Thursday. I will be spending time getting ready for that. This is a
woman outreach the Lord has chosen me to run.


I am wearing... my blue jean skirt and a light weight blue sweater. My hair is pinned up as it keeps me cool in the hot summer.


I am reading... through Psalms and I am still reading Abigail Adams.
I did pick up a new book from the library this past week, The Flower Farmer. Which I have been enjoying and learning from, as this year I have planted lots of flowers from seed. I thought it would be good for me to grow more cut flowers. Then, I will have plenty of choices to bring into the house.


I am hoping... I will get a hoop house up this fall. This something my
husband and I are trying to extend the growing season here in New Jersey.


I am hearing... my daughter is talking to me as I write.


Around the house...there are books lying about as we are readers here in this house.


One of my favorite things... is growing beautiful flowers and vegetables.


A few plans for the rest of the week... I will be out a lot this week.
I am going to a Beth Moore Simulcast this weekend.
I won't be working in the garden much this week. I will catch up on
some things in the house. Maybe, I will get my soap made, this week.


Here is a picture thought.. this is my garden on the right side of the
yard. Enjoy.

No comments: