Monday, July 07, 2008

The Simple Woman' s Daybook

Monday July 7, 2008




Outside my window... I am watching the little wren's come up on the
deck and get a drop of water for a drink. Have ever watched a bird
get a drink, they look so dainty. They dip thier beak into the water and
push back their necks.


I am thinking... What shall my husband and I do today as he is on vacation.




I am thankful... We are Americans in this great country. My family had just
watched the John Adams film the HBO mini series. What great timing as
it so wonderful we can learn from our Founding Fathers.




From the kitchen... I am freezing my rasberries as I pick them.




I am creating...a new flower arrangement to bring into the house. I love


having flowers at the front door. I sometimes like to walk in the front


to see what has come in from the garden. Today the Lavender plant and


roses will dazzle us with their splendor.




I am reading... Psalms from the Bible with my daughter. If is a little book written by
Amy Carmichal I like to read a few lines a day. Revoulutionary Mothers by Carol Berkin
what an inspiration of what we can do. I have picked up my Small Farmer's Journal
from the book shelf. It continues to inspire me.




I am wearing... my favorite long blue jean skirt, with a black shirt.




I am hoping...for some time for sewing today. Now, that I have caught up


with weeding in the garden.




One of my favorite things...is being able to grow vegetables and be able to


store things up for the winter months.




A few plans for the rest of the week...is just spending time with my dear husband.




Here is a picture thought...This is my Dahlia, that I happy to present.
I planted these from seed and they are just now starting to bloom.
This one sits right in front of the large strawberry bed. When you
look outside the kitchen window you can see this little flower. God has
given us great beauty to look at. Flowers add such delight to our lives.


Here is the link for this project

The Simple Woman http://www.thesimplewoman.blogspot.com/

No comments: