Monday, October 03, 2005

Sewing clothes

Sewing my clothes has always been something I wanted to accomplish. My mother made everything I wore as a child. Raising 7 children and not much money then, she was forced to learn. As an adult I too attempted to make curtains and drapes, and turned it into a businesss. I have been just asking God is this something I have time for. If you ask me, I would say there is no time. But did my mother have a choice, not really. Today, my goal is to sew my daughters skirt that is ready for sewing.

My oldest has started a writing program which is called American Literature. The program starts out by reading The Plimoth Plantation by William Bradford. I am reading this novel with him, one to show him if his mother can do it he can to. This book will take us about 3 weeks to read. It is written in old english, so it is much harder to read. This book also goes along with another book we are reading for Government, America's Providential History. Which takes you through the start of America. I do believe this is a great way of showing us how the government was formed the christian way. These books have helped me see the how Gods hands have been in this country since it began.
My daughter and I have been practicing her writing skills with a book called Learning Language Arts Through Literature. Which is great for her since, she loves to read but teaches her about her writing skills also. I am reading a novel with her called Anne of Green Gables, which is one of my favorites. What I love about this book is it shows my children how people had to do all these things that we don't. They made everything they ate, all thier clothes were made by them, and they raised all thier own food. So, what are we complaining about.

God has been showing me some things through his word about women and our role in the family. Yes, it is my job to make sure dinner gets on the table. I have to learn how to continue to be organized. It has taken most of my adult life to do this, and everyday I must continue to work at it. Learning to get dressed and looking decent everyday. There are some websites out there I must share.
http://homeliving.blogspot.com/
http://www.old-paths.com/
http://www.beingvirtuouswomen.com/cms/
God wants women to continue thier walk with him to strengthen the family.

No comments: