Friday, September 23, 2005

My Busy Week

This week was filled with many different things on the To Do List. This week started out like any other week. Except, this week we put in a field trip to Cape May, canning tomatoes, getting soap ready for a show. At first I began feeling very over whelmed with the activities I had to do. Then, as I was reading my book, Women Who Do Too Much, she states give it to God. Praying does many things for me, such as handling situations I thought were impossible.
Storing food for the winter can be a job. But, when you look in your pantry and see what you have achieved it is a wonderful feeling. My husband picked up a bushel of tomatoes for me on Saturday. I began doing one batch every night while I home educated during the day. Then, on Thursday I decided this is something I need to teach my children. My oldest, I gave the job of taking the skins off and chopping the tomatoes. My daughter washed jars and help with the laundry. As I saw them working quite well on thier own. I did the other part of processing, sterlizing jars and getting everything ready to can. This I felt was a valuable lesson for them and how families need to work together.
Saturday I will be displaying my works of Soap at a Blues Grass Festival. A local Organic Farm I buy from invited me to be part of the festival. The owner showed Mr. Jersey Homesteader and myself how to make brooms the traditional way. It is great when you meet people that have the same interest in preserving farming methods of the past. The day should prove to be quite interesting.

No comments: