Saturday, September 17, 2005

The weekend, the teacher has a day off

Saturday to me is a day off from school. Yes, I am a teacher, but also a mother and a wife. First, I want to say us women have it easy that are born in this era. If women live the way God intended us to live. Being in the home everyday is where I love to be as I tend to my activities. The garden which provides food for my family, is where I love to be. Being outside with Gods creatures is another way for me to be at peace. Visit this website, maybe God will fill you with the Holy Spirit like he did with me.


Today started with my Bible in the hand as God spoke to me through his word. Then, my daughter and I went for our run. Well, I walk and she rides her bike to get our hearts pumping. Getting the laundry done today will have to take priorities. Since, the last couple of days its been very humid and no wash was done. Yes, it takes longer to hang laundry out, but it doesn't cost me anything but my time. I read a blog on someone who left a reply yesterday. She really inspired me to keep doing something I really enjoy. Making my own cleaning products is a passion of mine. It started out after I began making handmade soap, and then went to cleaning products. Being chemically sensitive was a wake up call, you might say. To my friend who also makes her own products, keep going.
In the earlier centuries of our time everyone made their own soap products. This is one more reason us housewives can be thrifty. I am not saying it is cheaper, but it is better for you and your family. My family will tell you their skin has never felt better. The winter is the true test, no more itchy skin.

2 comments:

mothersong said...

I loved your website, and I will be ordering some soap soon. I used to make my own soap, and I really enjoy doing it. I don't find it cost effective these days, now that I have to buy all the ingredients to make it myself, so I'll enjoy yours!

Vicki

Genuine Lustre said...

Hello from a fellow homeschooler who is addicted to clotheslines. Keep hanging out those clothes. Whenever I see a line full of laundry I know there is a homemaker who cares.