Saturday, October 15, 2005

During the rain

During the rain I got many things accomplished. I had been praying for peace and contemptment. Psalm 119:169 May my cry come before you, O Lord;give me understanding according to your word. I have read this verse over and over for quite awhile. I have to say a certain type of peace has come over me. Do you ever wonder how a certain type of peace comes to you during a rain storm. In my case an extended rain storm. I believe we had rain for 7 days, here in New Jersey. I am sure if the soil could talk though, it would be thanking God for the rain.
Last weekend was a great weekend for cleaning. I spent some quality time cleaning the basement. Which included organizing the Soap room. I did not spend much time in this place this summer. Due to my duties outside, gardening and farm chores. Making one batch of soap for a bridal shower was all I really did this season. I got a area of the basement ready for a sewing area. Now I officially am sewing again.
Even though it was raining this week, I managed to get outside and help the animals. My chickens are moulting right now. They look like rats, due to the rain and loosing feathers. They were really happy one morning when I came out and put fresh straw in thier house. The sheep that I have got fresh straw in thier house. If they could talk it seemed as they were saying thank you. Yesterday, I put the sheep out to eat grass, they were happy. After, two days without rain the soil is starting to return to normal and green.
During rain storms it is always wonderful we can read to pass time. I have been researching information on Louisa May Alcott life. I am trully fasinated about this woman and her accomplishments in life. I have always loved her books she wrote. Now, though I searching out the writings of her actual journal writings. Last fall I was able to take a trip to their home in Concord, Mass. Visiting her home was like stepping into her life for short time.

1 comment:

mothersong said...

I am so glad the rain is over. We made it until the last day, number 9, and then our roof leaked. :::sigh:::

I wish I had accomplished half what you did during all that rain. Rainy weather makes me want to go to bed and stay there.

Vicki