Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Frugal Tip

Frugal Tip
Tuesday October 12

If you had to grow what you ate, could you?
Well, I do try. Everyday I can learn something
new to improve my life as a homesteader.




Growing herbs for the winter is a fairly easy task.
Just cut, tie and hang.
I hang them right in my kitchen. When they dry
just take a large bowl and strip the leaves from the
stem and place in a glass jar. Label and you have
tea.

Growing mint is fairly easy as if you get one plant
it will turn into a large patch. Just remember
mint likes to spread. Putting them in pots first can
be one way to control their spreading. If you want
them in your garden put the whole pot right in the
soil. If your space is limited put on your deck.

Frugal tip is what did you pay for that one plant
probably will give an abundance of tea.
More than you could drink yourself.
So invite a friend over and share a cup of tea.




No comments: