Friday, August 27, 2010

Why I homeschool?

Why I homeschool?
Friday August 26, 2010

You wake up one morning and ask
Why do I homeschool? Well, I have
pondered this question many times.

I need to teach my children about Jesus.
Because this is what is important to my
husband and I. We don't care for the things
the world teaches our children.

I love teaching to my children in a family
environment. Where Jesus comes first.
Everyone learns how to live with each other.
It is important to teach children that family
comes first. When my first son was home with
us he was involved in the daily activities. He
helped make dinner and do other activites that
needed to be done. The best part is we did
it together. We learned many things about
each other both good and bad.

My son struggled with ADHD and we
learned how to help him through his diet.
Ritalin was never a consideration.
Through our trials we learned the
way God wanted us to be a family.

Becoming a christian while homeschooling
was how God became the center of our life.



1 comment:

Julie said...

I was asking myself the same question this morning. No. Serioulsy. "Why do I homeschool?" "Why don't I ship them off everyday? It would be so much easier!"
Thanks for the reminder! I don't want the "world" teaching my kids. I want them to see Jesus in me, teaching them. Now I need to ask myself "Do they see Jesus in me when I'm teaching them?" Oh. Thanks for the wake up call!