Thursday, August 19, 2010

Eggplant

Eggplant
Thursday August 19, 2010




Eggplant got a slow start this year. To be
truthful, it always gets the backseat to
everything else. This year I have 15 plants.
They are all about the size of the eggplant in the
picture.


Below I planted a few late bloomers on the deck.
The deck gets a huge amount of sun. Why not
grow late season plants that still need the heat
to keep them producing. We will see which ones
do better, the ones in the garden or on the deck.

Happy growing!

1 comment:

Lady Farmer said...

I have to admit ~ I have never tried growing eggplant. I have only tasted it a couple of times. The first time was at a chuch potluck and I didn't like it. The second time was at an Italian Restaurant sampling dishes for daughters wedding rehersal dinner. It was very good!
I'm not sure if our season is warm enough (would have been this year!!!) I think I will give them a try next year.
They are really pretty, too!