Thursday, January 14, 2010

Sewing clothes

Thursday January 14

Sewing the old Way


http://zipzipinkspot.blogspot.com/2009_11_01_archive.html

I came across a great blog that I would like to share.
For all the time I have been sewing I always struggled
with sewing gathers on the machine. This ladies blog
just cleared everything up for me.


Making my first tiered skirt was a bit overwhelming
for me. Layer by layer I got it done. I would set it up
at the end of the kitchen table. This way it was out,
this is a visual tactic for me. Sewing during the times
with children coming and going all at different times.
I found even when people were around I was still able
to do a little hand sewing. It was also a good
conversation piece.

I made the skirt from a light weight jean material. My daughter
Rachel likes to where jean material as it goes with everything.
After all the waiting for this skirt to be finished the men in
my house said it looked great on her.

Just one more way to be frugal.
Making clothes is a for sure way to save
on clothing cost in a family.



No comments: