Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Heirloom Irises

Heirloom Gardening
Tuesday May 5

I love to grow yesterdays flowers and vegetables.

You could say,I love to do things pulled from times past.

I am always on the look out for different flowers that have

a true scent. When you go to smell a flower you are expecting a

scent.


Iris is one of my favorites. I just got a new

Iris, the link is below. It is just stunning.

I have been putting my Iris plants in rows for the past

couple of years. One day who knows I may end up

selling off my extra plants.

I am always looking to learn the historical aspects of these

beautiful flowers.

1 comment:

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

Beautiful irises! Could you post your baked beans recipe? I'd love to find a healthy recipe for them. Thanks! Also, I wonder if you could make the Switchel recipe without the ginger and it taste alright. Then both you and your husband could drink it. Thanks for taking the time to comment! It is great to get feedback from others.