Monday, September 15, 2008

The Simple Woman's Daybook




The Simple Woman's Day Book


Monday September 15, 2008






Today


Outside my Window...People are speeding past going somewhere in a
hurry. I am so happy I am not one of those people.
I am thinking...How my life is centered in the home.
From the learning rooms...School is session.
I am thankful for...for a home to take care of, a garden to nurture,
children to care for.
From the kitchen..blueberry muffins are being made. Chicken pot
pie for dinner.
I am wearing...a long flowered blue skirt with a purple top.
For I am reading... Psalms 101-111 as I am studying the character
David. The Flower Farmer An Organic Grower's Guide to Raising
and Selling Cut Flowers by Lynn Byczynksi.
I am hoping...To hear God's voice today. Maybe, a day just sitting and
watching the birds.
I am creating...I have been copying down some herbal recipes to use
and try out.
I am hearing...the quietness of the morning.
Around the house...there are books to be put away from a weekend
of learning of new ways to do things. My husband favorite book by
John Seymoor is still on the coffee table.
One of my favorite things...is to make something out of nothing. When
you buy material it is just material until you make something out of it.
A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week...to work on getting the lettuce
planted. To work on a menu for the rest of the week. To write some
goals out for the next month.


Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...


These are a rare Vermont Cranberry Bean I am growing.
They really are a red bean and they are the best tasting
dried bean I have ever had. They are also a unique type
of bean to grow. I like the stripes on the pod.







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

:) Thank you for signing the Feelin' Feminine petition! Hope you will stop by often!

Blessings!