Saturday, September 13, 2008

Simple Ways

Saturday September 13, 2008

Simple Ways
Simple ways are just ideas in which are lives can become more simplified.
In July I talked about simplifying my life in the house so I could work
more outside. I have spent the summer doing just that. Here is one
way, the Lord helped me this year. First I started going back to
planning my week. What do I want to accomplish this week? If we set
goals, we will work toward those goals. Last week I wanted to work in
my garden all week. The whole week I strived to work in the garden.
There were certain tasks I had to accomplish in the house before I
could do that. There were tomatoes to process, so first I had to get that
done. I also went back to making bread so that needed to be done. School
is back in session so the morning are dedicated to teaching and keeping my
daughter on task. Now, that the house was more in order, I found one
morning where I was able to work in the garden.

Planning is the key!

Watching my mother as a child I think has helped me in many ways.
She planned her day according to what needed to get done. First, meals
had to be planned and made on to be on the table.
Second, she made most of the clothes for our family. She also had to
make time for sewing. Third, there was a budget to follow. My mom had a
budget of 5o dollars every two weeks to feed 6 people. Fourth, she had to
grow as much food as she could.
Now that I am an adult I can say what worked for her can work
for me.
Thank you God, for our mothers.

No comments: