Monday, September 08, 2008

The Simple Woman's Daybook

The Simple Woman's Daybook

September 8, 2008


Outside my window...the sun is coming up around the side of the
house. The sun is in a different spot now that fall has arrived.
I am thinking... how nice it was to go down to Kentucky over the
Labor Day weekend. We had a great time looking around at property
and visiting with family.


I am thankful... God gave us an opportunity to be with my family
and spend quality time with my husband.


From the kitchen...there are bowls of tomatoes, cucumbers,
peppers on the counter waiting to be put away. Dinner will be light
tonight as my daughter and I will have a quiet night.


I am creating... a bouquet of flowers to sit on the table. Sunflowers
and Russian Sage will adorn us with their beauty.


I am going...to be home today as I will need to get ready for
my Bible study this evening. We are on day 47 of the David study.


I am wearing... a green top with my jean skirt.


I am reading...Psalms right now along with IF What do I know of
Calvary Love? By Amy Carmichael. Along with The Self Sufficient
Life and How to Live it by John Seymour. My husband and also like
to read from Small Farmer's Journal. It is a great magazine for
farmers using horses to farm with.


I am hoping... to work in the garden this week.


I am hearing... my daughter flip pages in the other room.


I am smelling... the scent of lavender coming through my window.
When there is a breeze outside I put Lavender essential oil on a
saucer and place it in the window.


A few plans for the rest of the week... Well I am not sure what but
the School is in session so the mornings are dedicated to learning.
The afternoons are for gardening, cooking, or sewing. Not quite sure as of yet.


Here is a picture thought...

This is a picture of an interesting place we passed by
while driving around in Kentucky. My idea of a nice
homestead.

No comments: