Monday, February 26, 2007

Raising maidens

Raising Maidens, is something God placed on my heart. A mother nourishes her baby and now that she is a young girl a mother must also nourish her into womanhood. As a young girl matures we want them to have God charcteristics not world charcteristics. Mothers need to take this thought into consideration as our daughters mature. We must teach them about Gods word and His ways or the world will teach them instead. Raising my daughter to be a lady and to be busy at home is what God commands. Titus 2:4-5

One hundred years ago raising our daughters was something mothers took seriously. Girls by the age of thirteen would be taught how to sew, cook and carry herself like a lady. Through the years I loved carrying on old fashion ideas. Before I was a christian I would tell people I was born in the wrong time. Now I understand that I was not born in the wrong time , God has placed me right where he wanted me. Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will. Romans 12:2. According to the Bible we are to be set apart.
A book I bought last year through Vision Forum was a real eye operner, Raising Maidens of Virtue helped me see things more clearly.

No comments: