Thursday, February 16, 2006

Life moves on

Your whole life you spend getting your kids ready for college. It always seems so far away when they are little. My second son is a junior in high school this year. Computer programming is where he thought he was going. He has played games for many years and then started to want to develop them. He began training himself how to program, which was not as easy as he thought. We bought this book for him called
C++ Primer and worked through about 4 chapters and then got stuck. Thats when I said I think we need to find someone with more training than myself. There is a computer programming course we are going to let him take with Keystone High School, it is distant learning programming for high school students. What he has decided this will be a side hobby as God has called him to do his word.
Visiting Washington College this weekend I think will be an eye opener. It really is only a year and half before going to college. Oh, where have the years gone...
Recently visiting in California with my cousins. One of them has a son that is also into computers and programming games. I was able to have conversation with this young man. It is amazing you can have two people within the same family so much alike. I am sure not in everything they do is the same, but there are a lot of similarities. In time I hope the two of them can get together and share what they each know.

This is a quote from my Bible:
In my opinion, there are no coincidences. When we make Jesus Christ the Lord of our lives, the Lord orders everything that happens to us. Psalm 37:23-24 says, that when the Lord approves of a persons path, he makes that persons steps firm; even if the person stumbles, he won't fall because the Lord upholds him.
Quoted by Thelma Wells

1 comment:

Emily said...

Our teenaged son is also interested in programming although at the moment he is apprenticing as a painter in my husband's business. We'll see where the Lord leads because he is talented with words as well. I understand that this is a valuable skill in writing software. Technically he is of graduation age but is not planning on college for now. It's exciting to hear of the Lord's work in your family's lives!