Friday, February 10, 2006

The chapter has closed

The chapter has closed in this part of the book. Since, I have been home I have been going through pictures of the last 20 years. Lots of pictures and different phases in my families life. Returning to taking care of putting scrapbooks of life together. God has given me the courage to close a chapter but to open my to a new chapter. Its funny thinking of closing a chapter in your life. I have had a medical condition since I was about 15 years old. I did not allow this to give me an excuse to do less in life. Through the years and through my ups and downs I had people in my life who helped me through it. In the end God was the one who helped close that part of my life. To me it seems as though my eyes are fully open now. I now have to live fully for God, and what does he want from me in my life.
I am thankful for some people who have helped me in ways they don't even realize. Starting a blog and then slowly I began getting to know other people in the blog world. The Homesteader Life was the beginning and then I read his wifes blog and she opened up things.
http://reformedfarmerswife.blogspot.com/ The Reformed Farmers Wife shared a website sometime ago. www.visionforum.com I then placed an order for this womens ministry bible study called Spiritual Rest In the Life of a Woman by Yvonne Welch. The order did not come in before I left for California but was waiting for me when I returned home. What an eye opener, she talked about bitterness in her life and how it effected her. God used this ministry to get to me, what a blessing. Due to bad circumstances, bad things can happen to people. Having a seizure disorder all these years helped me see I too had to let go of ALL bitterness. Not some, but all. Then, when I saw this my eyes were opened, Thank You God. I came across this scripture the other morning, Psalm 40:1-4
I waited patiently for the Lord;
he turned to me and heard my cry.
He lifted me out of the slimy pit,
out of the mud and mire;
he set my feet on a rock
and gave me a firm place to stand.
He put a new song in my mouth,
a hymn of praise to our God.
Many will see and fear
and put their trust in the Lord.
Blessed is the man
who makes the Lord his trust,
who does not look to the proud,
to those who turn aside to false gods.

4 comments:

Lynn Bartlett said...

Thanks so much for sharing, and what a beautiful scripture that the Lord gave to you. Please keep in touch!

Emily said...

It touched me deeply to read of the way the Lord has moved in your life, using others as instruments. I have been the recipient of such grace in the past and it never fails to move me when I hear of his faithfulness in the lives of others. May you be obedient to His leading as He opens the new chapters in your life. This must be an exciting time for you. God bless you!

Leah said...

I am so humbled to know that God has used me to encourage you in your walk with Him! God is a good and faithful Father, isn't He? I am awed by the depth of His love for me. I'm so undeserving and yet He is always there willing to forgive me for my lack of faith in Him. What an awesome God we serve!

A. Victoria said...

I have always loved the part of Psalm 40 "He lifted me out of the slimy pit,out of the mud and mire; He set my feet on a rock". In order for Him to lift me up he would have to come down into a yucky disgusting place and pull me out. I picture me lifting up my hands like a baby, covered in all the filth of the world, and crying out for His rescue. He would have to reach down into that filth and pull me out. What love He has for us that He would do that.

A