Thursday, December 15, 2005

Country Life in the City

Country life in the City was what came to my mind today. Keeping of the old ways with our modern day life. Homemade cookies baking in the oven is one of those activities the kids and I do. It is also something I hope they will cherish as they grow old. As my blog states keeping life simple. When I keep my life simple I find time to do all the things my heart desires. Doing home education is not always an easy thing to do. With Gods help everything is possible.

As I was driving down the highway the other day Country Life in the City came to my mind. Here I live in the midst of all this hustle and bustle but staying simple is what I strive to do. Do you ever notice when God is trying to get your attention. Psalm 119:130 The unfolding of your words gives light, it gives understanding to the simple. Isn't this what Christ was, simple with no status in life. Living with what we really only need.
Today the children and I finished decorating the house. If you can only imagine Christmas music playing in the background. My daughter helping her brother hang the lights on the windows. We have started to buy a live Christmas tree in the past couple of years. To me this makes the most since you plant it after the Christmas season is over. The smell of pines in the winter only seems natural. Due to all the extra activities we kept dinner simple, Potato soup which my son made while I finished tiding up..

2 comments:

Walter Jeffries said...

Hmm... But homeschooling is so much better and easier than public schooling. It is good to hear your comments about country in the city. I know several other people who live the simple life in urban areas. I would love to think it is a trend towards a more sensible world. :)

Walter Jeffries said...

Eek, I'm posting twice on the same comments! :)

Merry Christmas!

-Walter
Sugar Mountain Farm
in Vermont