Saturday, November 19, 2005

The Cool Season arrived

The frost covering the ground was the evidence of the cool season. I have always known I could live in cool season climate. Since, when it gets cool I am rejoicing. Maybe, that is from a child living in Kansas where it seemed to get cold by the end of October. I love the winter months of watching the snow come down. The next step is running to the phone to call my brother, we got snow. Due to him living in Kentucky he doesn't get much snow. I can't say my animals feel the same way about the snow as I do. The second sign of cool weather is we are in full schedule of schooling. The third sign is collecting of sticks becomes something we need to do everyday. The last sign is hanging clothes inside by the wood stove. Just another season God has brought me to.

Today we went for a hay run. With our new trailer that we built over the summer getting hay is a lot easier than loading a couple of bales in our minivan. Of course since we went and got hay we cleaned out our barn. Well, I have to confess its not really a barn, I just call it my barn. I do believe getting all that hay will make the winter much easier. Well, you could say I am on my way to being a better homesteader. Last week after our rain I got another area where I planted grass and spread my dirt. It was a leaf pile last year and this year it is dirt. I may not be able to do a lot but a little bit each day.

No comments: