Saturday, September 18, 2010

Saturday Sewing


Saturday Sewing
Saturday September 19, 2010


Saturday sewing is always pleasant.
In the fall I always seem to start doing
a lot more sewing. Isn't it great to think
about different things you would like to make?
I love to do that. So today I am starting new
sewing project.

A nightgown!
I am attempting to do pleating on this
garment. Today I spent the afternoon
cutting the pattern out.

I was pondering again on how much
would a woman in pioneer days spend
sewing?

I am sure its a lot more than what I spend
doing? Once or twice a week. She probably
spent every evening sewing. Since her days
were spent preparing meals.

Just some thoughts !



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, she would have sewn pretty much everyday, because if she didn't there would be nothing for her or her family to wear...unless she bought it premade.

I just found your place, and I the serenity of it is just perfect.

Blessings,

Maria