Saturday, July 10, 2010

Simple Living

Simple Living
Saturday July 10, 2010



Simple Living is something I have always strived
towards. That to me is living without worldly things.
Its not hard to see what kind of world we live in .

I received a letter yesterday from my
sponsored child. The best part about her
letter was her picture and how proud she was.
I sent her 10 dollars and she went and bought
food for her family. She was so proud.
This brought tears to my eyes and just
touched my heart. I think this is what
Jesus was talking about when he was
talking about loving each other.


Eating out seems to be something us Americans
seem to think we deserve. When we don't feel
like making dinner, we make excuses for
ourselves. I began thinking how some people
in this world just want to eat food.

Eating out to me is worldly, especially if
you think about 25.00 and how it could
be used. I can buy 25 lbs of wheat berries
for 25 dollars. That will last me about 2
months, maybe even 3 months. What do
I do with wheat berries? Wheat berries
turns into flour, which I then turn into
food. Like waffles, loaves of bread,
muffins, biscuits, or even a salad.

Growing food is also another example of
this idea. How much do you spend on
lettuce for dinner for your family?



What happens when you decide to grow the
lettuce. Did you know it only takes 22
days to grow lettuce in your garden.
You don't have a garden or the space.
You can grow lettuce in a rectangle
container at your back door.

Lets rethink how we think about food!






1 comment:

Faith said...

Nice post! :o)