Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Frugal Tip

Frugal Tip
Tuesday February 23


Stacking Wood
Burning wood is one of the biggest
way we save money. When we moved
to our home in Jackson we payed for propane
to heat our house. Then one day we decided
there had to be a better way.
Burning wood seemed more economical.
Even if we don't cut enough wood ourselves.
We can buy wood since we live in the woods.

Keeping a fire going is something that
is part of my daily routine.
My kids call me the fire queen.
Thankfully, I have a house full of men.
The men chop the wood in the summer
and split it and stack it for the winter.

Thank you Lord for giving me boys first.




5 comments:

A Joyful Chaos said...

We haven't used any propane this winter. I like wood heat a lot better!

Lady Farmer said...

We heat solely with wood and I love it! There is nothing like that penetrating heat from wood! It does make lots of dust in the house from being so dry, but dusting is just another way to 'warm myself'! And it is sure wonderful not to have to pay a heating bill!
Blessings!

Patricia Bunk said...

I am so glad you could stop by. I always wanted to have a amish friend.
I own a large stack of amish books,cook books and homesteading subjects.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
xx said...

Este Boulton es un reloj con mucho replica de relojes estilo, te guste o no, replicas relojes lo sé, pero personalmente soy un gran patek philippe replica fan de lo que desprende el reloj en la muñeca.