Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Frugal Tip of the Week

Old Mason Jars by James Davidson
Old Mason Jars





Tuesday March 10
Frugal Tip of the Week


Mason Jars what can we do with them?



I use them to store anything from beans,

grain, milk I buy from the farm, left overs.

You get the idea!

The one good reason I like to use mason jars

is that they are glass. The don't keep smells

in and you can sterilize them.

The second good reason is they take up less

room in the refrigerator or cabinet.

The third good reason is I just like the way

they look in my cabinet.

The only bad part I see in using Mason Jars

is they do break. So, be careful about putting

them in your dishwasher if you use one.

The old stand by of washing by hand will

keep their life longer.


I have to tell you I am always on the search for Mason

Jars. Where I live people are always throwing them

away. My husband goes on craig's list as you can list

items for sale or for free.

Pioneer women used what they had and never

threw anything away!

1 comment:

ecoteri said...

I have taken to talking to all the seniors I meet - asking if they have jars. in fact, I have (gasp) too many jars. yet I still collect, as part of my mission is to support others in their Jar searches. If I am so good at collecting, I will keep on saving jars from the landfill. then take a gaggle of younger hens under my wing and offer a day of learning how to Can - including classic jars and a lot of tricks and tips.