Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Planting potatoes

Planting Potatoes



Planting potatoes this year is has brought wonderful excitement.
For the past couple of weeks I have been working hard getting a new
bed ready for planting potatoes. This will be my first year of having a real
potatao crop. In the past I have grown potatoes in small quanties.
My new bed will be 20 ft by 40 ft. I am very excited about this as I love
to grow things myself.
In scripture my heavenly Father talks about using your hands.
1 Thessalonians 4:11 and to make it your ambition to lead a quiet life:
You should mind your own business and work with your hands
This will be the year we will store our own potatoes.

Habakuk 3:19 The Soverign Lord is my strength; he makes
my feet like the feet of a deer, he enables me to go on the heights.

There are many types of potatoes to grow. When you buy from the grocery
store you will only see a few types. There are so many more varieties to choose from.
We choose German Butterball, Yukon Gold, Fingerlings potatoes to grow.

The nice thing about planting your own is you know what is on them.

Happy planting!

No comments: