Thursday, February 14, 2008

Nature Study






Nature Study of a Bird



Home educating with nature. My daughter and I like to watch the birds from our window. We have these little birds that like to come up to the windows. They are some of the smallest birds we see in the winter season. The wren is what they are called.





In the afternoon, can be a time to go walking in the woods. What is nice about doing this is we can come back into the warm house and have some hot tea. Luckily, in the summer months I collected some flowers from my camomile plants. I cut the flowers off and dryed them. The flavor is intense when you collect them from your garden.


I found this poem which I thought went along with our nature study today.


A Little Bird Song


Once I heard

A little bird

Singing very clearly;

And the bird

That I heard

Sang:"God loves me dearly

Please stay now

And tell me how,

Little Bird, you know it

"Everyday,

Come what may,

Many kind things show it.


"Sun and rain,

Ripening grain,

Food and water given,

Leafy trees...

All one sees

Under the blue heaven."


Then the bird

That I heard

Sang it very clearly:

"God loves you"(off it flew)

"Loves you very dearly."



Taken from The Collected Poems of Amy Carmichael Mountain Breezes




















No comments: